Friday, August 1, 2008

Results

Well, I didn't win the Scrapbook Olympics. I didn't think I would. I do feel good about the pages that I entered, though. I finished (almost) another page with Mom on it. I just have to put a title on it. Michael is at the computer that I need to use to make it. I have really been having fun making pages with Mom's pictures. I just wish that I had had them sooner so that she could have been here to see them. Here is the one I just finished:




I miss her alot, but the days are getting easier. I don't think that a day goes by that I don't think about her. Even though she was mostly gone for the last 2 years, she was still here.

I went and had a bone density scan this morning. Everyone (doctors) is freaking out because I have passed 50 and I haven't had one! Why should I worry? To my knowledge, there is no history of osteoporosis in the family. It's just another way for them to bleed me of the tiny bit of money we have left.

I go back to work in a week. I am not looking forward to it, but it will be nice to be getting paid again. This has been a short summer as far as time off, but long on lack of money.

Today is Tanya's birthday. I took her to breakfast this morning. I can't believe she is so old! I'm glad I'm not!!

Well, I can't think of anything else to write, so I will just go for now. Til later...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

It's beautiful, mom! I really like it! I'm sure she sat next to you as you pieced it all together, and I'm sure she loves it too!

Becky said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, Robie! Your scrapbook layout with Grandma's picture is lovely--good job!

I went and looked at Tanya's LOs too (at scrapbooks-etc.com) and loved them. Tell her I said happy birthday! :)

Jeremy said...

So I half way expected to see you say somewhere that the results of your scan showed that you are very dense.... I mean your bones are very dense.... you can pay me to let you know that next time... hehe!

Sarah said...

TAG! You're it! Come see my blog to know what I'm talking about!

Rach =o) said...

You did an amazing job on your scrapbook. It was fun to find your blog. How are you holding up?