Monday, August 18, 2008

Yesterday, we went to our son (Jeremy) and daughter-in-law's (Leslie) Sacrament meeting. They invited us because they were talking. They both gave really good talks. I was very impressed with the words they spoke. I love the song that both of them referred to, "If The Savior Stood Beside Me". We should all remember the words. I truly felt the spirit and at times, had tears. Even Michael said the meeting was good.

After that, we went to see our nephew Parker ordained to be an Elder. What an inspiration he is. His mother passed away in April. He just finished his 1st year at ASU with a 4.0. He is waiting for his mission call (should be here in a week or two). His mother did an exceptional job raising him and his sisters and brothers by herself. I'm sure she is smiling down on him from above.

Today, at work, we started our DIBLES testing. It took us over 2 hours to do one class! We had one hour allotted! We have to do a lot of extra testing this time around. Tomorrow, we are supposed to do 3 classes. It won't happen! We still have 6 to do from our 2nd class this afternoon. So, today we only had two classes to do. Our schedule really needs to be adjusted!

I think I am Olympiced out. I've seen what I really wanted to, and the rest that I would like to see is on at like 3 in the morning. I'll just watch the news!

Well, I need to do something about dinner before someone asks the dreaded question, "What's for dinner?" That always put me in a bad mood. Til later...

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I am glad you guys came..It always makes it harder when family is there but I am so glad you guys came.

I don't really know parker but that is really cool. I am glad he has chosen to go on a mission.

Good luck with school. We are still trying to adjust to waking up early...It's hard!!

Jeremy said...

Thanks for the compliments and thanks again for coming to hear us speak.