Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Scrapbook Challenge

So, I took the Scrapbook Olympic Challenge that was made at Scrapbooks, Etc. I made two pages using 3 of 8 of the supplies they assigned. My pages are fairly simple. I entered them yesterday afternoon. Sometime today they will announce the winner. The winner gets $25 in store credit. I doubt I'll win, but I am happy with the results. The first one is my favorite. I made a matching one of the second page with a picture of Uncle Willard. I didn't enter it because it is basically the same as the one of Mom and Dad. It was fun and quite a challenge for me. I don't have a real creative mind. I can copy anything, but to come up with something on my own, is another story. So, here they are:
This one is my parents "engagement" picture.
This one is my mom at about 5 yrs old.
While we were at the scrapbook store, there was a bad accident in front on University. A guy hit a light pole and the power went out in the store. Tanya took off running to see if any of her newly aquired nursing skills were needed. Unfortunately, there was an off duty fireman and a respiratory therapist there too. When the police got there, they made everybody move back because the pole was split and could come crashing down. The guy hit at least 3 other cars (we're not sure about a forth one, but it's possible). Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt. We had to leave the items we were going to buy at the store since they had no electricity. I guess we will have to go back today. Oh, no, not that! Gotta go for now.



1 comment:

Sarah said...

They turned out cute! Was this the last week for the olympics?