Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Summer School and Sisters

So, I started back to work yesterday, summer school. I am working in a 2nd grade class. We have a whopping 8 kids! I work 3 hours a day, Mon-Thurs. My husband asked me how my first day went. I told him the 3 hours sure seemed like 5!

Today was better. The kids had library. They did a water cycle experiment. They read. I cut and pasted. The teacher I work with likes to "wing it".

My "little" sister from Utah is in town. Her son, Dan, tried to do his own lobotomy while riding on a quad.





He also managed to break a couple of bones in his neck. fortunately for his wife and 7 children, he will survive. Update: Dan has a bleeder in his head and is now back at the trauma center for surgery.

Anyway, I picked her up on Sunday and took her out to Gilbert to visit our parents. Our Mom isnt doing very well. On Sunday she had started doing a little worse. We had a good visit with Dad. Mom was out of it most of the time.

Then yesterday after I got off work, I picked up Mary and took her to lunch. We went to Pete's fish and chips. She loves it and can't get it in Utah. We were able to have a very nice visit. We hadn't seen each other in about 1 1/2 years, so we had a lot of catching up to do. She will be leaving this weekend.

While we were at Pete's, we saw one of our nephews that we haven't seen in forever, Chris Meeker. He was there with guys from his work for lunch. We had a nice short visit with him.

Well, I think that's about it for today. Until next time....

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I didn't realize that Chris and Buffy still lived here. I assumed they had moved out of state because I never hear anything about them.

Glad you got to visit with Mary for a bit while she was down.

Jeremy said...

I am just teasing here and not to tell you how to blog but you are supposed to include graphic images far enough down in your post that they can't be seen until someone scrolls down and then you should include a "GRAPHIC CONTENT" warning near the top of your post. hehe... Anyway that's cool that you got a chance to visit with Aunt Mary and I can't believe you went to Pete's without me. :o)

Leslie said...

So is Dan still in the hospital...you can't leave us hanging here...Some of us don't get to hear the gossip because some people don't pass the information on.

And I think you can put your pictures anywhere...I think pictures are the best part of blogs...well thats coming from me who doesnt like to read.

I guess I better go back to cleaning my life away!!