Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rough Few Days

Mom as a toddler
Mom with her parents
Grandma and Grandpa crouse
Mom, Dad holding me, Doug and Linda
Mom and me Mother's Day 2008

So, we (my bros, sis', and Dad) have been meeting to go over plans for Mom's funeral. Things are not necessarily the way that I would like them to be. I guess my family has to deal with grief with joking about things. We get WAY off track while we are trying to brainstorm. I guess the problem is, when we are all together, we only have half a brain! I have gotten a lot of ideas for my talk. I haven't really decided if I'm going to actually write it out, or if I will just leave the ideas and go from there. I spent this morning scanning a lot of pictures for scrapbooking. I want to make some pages of Mom to have on display at the funeral. I don't know how many I will get done. Tomorrow we will be dressing her and making her beautiful for the funeral. It still seems surreal to me. Even though I've known this time was coming sooner rather than later. I am so grateful for her life and the many things she taught me by words and example. I am glad that my children were able to know her and that they have good memories of her. The funeral is Thursday, June 26, 2008 in Gilbert, Az.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you had this picture taken of the 2 of you! It's beautiful! I am going to have a copy made for myself.

Leslie said...

If there is anything I can do to help you get ready for Thrusday, just let me know. I am sure you have it all under control though.