Saturday, June 21, 2008

My Mom

This has been one of the most difficult days of my life. My dear sweet mother passed away this morning at 7:29 at the age of 80. I had already said my good-bye's to her and I thought that I was prepared, but the heart stills cares. It was very hard to see her lifeless body lying in bed. I don't know how to act right now. The last few years were very bad for her. Her health was terrible. She broke her right hip 2 years ago, she had 11 mini strokes 1 1/2 years ago and pneumonia a little over a year ago. Last July we thought she was leaving us, but she managed to rally back. In fact, in April she seemed to be getting better. I was able to have some nice visits with her. Then the last 3 weeks she started to decline. We were brought together to say our good-bye's this past Tuesday, but she hung on for a few more days. I have missed her for several years, but now it's even worse. I know she won't be there. She requested that I and my sisters Linda and Mary tell her life story. It will be so hard to do that. But as my mother's last request for me, I will do my best. She was a great woman. She suffered a lot and had to endure much. Most of it graciously. She was always there for me with a listening ear when I needed her most. We became good friends. She had a strong testimony of the Gospel and a love for our Savior. She helped pass that on to me and right now, I am very grateful for that knowledge. Dad seems kind of lost right now. He tries to be funny to cover it up. I feel so sad in my heart for him. I am glad that she is finally out of her pain and discomfort. I love Mom and I miss her, but I also know that I will see her again. That's all for now.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

I asked Landon if he would be sad if His Grandma Smith or Grandma Hooper had passed away and he said yes... the I told him my grandma had past away... I know it will hit me more on Thursday like it hit me more on the day of Grandpa Smith's Funeral... I don't think I will allow you to ever leave me mom so you can just scratch it off your list of things to do... I now these last few years have been hard seeing Grandma in pain and not her usual cheerful self. I will always remember the summer we got to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Jarman up at the cabin without you and dad. And many July 4th summers out at their house in Gilbert. I am probably one of maybe 9 of her grandchildren that has memories of the house on Palm... I look forward to seeing her again some day and I am thankful she passed on the knowledge of our Savior for you to pass on to me and me to pass along to my kids... what an amazing legacy and heritage.

music lady said...

It is so hard to say goodbye! Yes, we know it is part of the process but it is still hard because we miss their tangible body where we can hug and laugh and just talk and share our lives. What an honor it will be to share her life story, it must be grand! God bless you all at this time. Let me know if there is something I can do.
Eva