Monday, November 17, 2008

This 'N That

Don't faint! I decided to post again in less than one week! What is the world coming to?

We we to 2 missionary farewells yesterday. The first one was for my nephew Curtis Jarman. The second one was a young man in our Ward that Michael has grown up with, Jordan Shill. Curtis is going to Long Beach, CA, Spanish speaking and Jordan in going to Milan, Italy. Both of them leave Wednesday morning, November 19, 2008.

Both farewells were good. I had a very had time staying awake in the second one. Not because of the speakers, but because I was just plain tired. We went over to my brother Doug's house (which is really my parents house) for a lunch/dinner. They had really, really good Mexican food. I think I over indulged! When we got home, I went to bed. It was only 7 o'clock.

Michael spent this afternoon and evening with Curtis. They have been pretty close for all of their lives. I think Michael is sad about Curtis leaving. But maybe he will be next?

We got our Christmas money from the CU on Friday. Roger took it back to the CU today and cashed it. WooHoo! We can do some shopping now! I just wish I knew what to get for people. Any suggestions?

Today at work, I was observed by my "supervisor". I was pretty nervous, but she didn't rip me apart like I was afraid she would. She actually had more positive things to say about me than negative. Whew! Maybe I will still have a job?

Well, that's it for now. Until later...


3 comments:

Leslie said...

Glad your observation went well and that you still have a job.

Sarah said...

I wish we had our Christmas money already! Of course, I don't want to do much more shopping before Black Friday because we have some specific things in mind that we want to get and I want to wait and see if they'll go on sale, and knowing me, the money would get spent between now and then on other stuff that is non-Christmas related! Josiah gets paid the day before Thanksgiving and we should have a nice chunk leftover (after bills of course) to go shopping on BF. YAY!

P.S. This is your 3rd post in just barely over 1 week...WAY TO GO!!

Leslie said...

I went to see Will on Tuesday and we saw Andi there. So Jeremy got to bid farewell to him!!