Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Today was Mother's Day. It has been a very special day with lots of feelings and emotions. I got up about 7 this morning. Of course, I was the only one up. That's OK because I like peace and quiet. About an hour later, Roger got up and said I needed to go back to bed. So, being the obedient (ha! ha!) wife that I am, I went in and read a little. I knew this was his way of getting me out of the way so that he could set up my Mother's Day gift. Anyway, a few minutes later he said I could come back down the hall. So, again, being the obedient (ahem) wife, I went back down the hall. There in the living room, he and Michael had set up my Mother's Day gifts. Roger gave me a really nice hibiscus plant in a big pot. Michael gave me a big Thompson grape plant. I am very excited about both of them. We have gotten a few green thumbs around here in the last few months, and this will add to our little garden.

We went to Church. This being the 2nd Sunday of the month, it was supposed to be my lesson in Relief Society. But, the Bishop took charge of RS so that all the women of the ward could attend. The men taught Primary and SS. The YW took care of the YW. After the Bishops lesson, the High Priests served us a buffet brunch. It was very nummy!

After Church, Roger and I went to the cemetery to "see" my mom. I got somewhat emotional. I really miss her. There are so many times that I think I should tell her something, and then think, oh she isn't here. But I know that she really is. She was the best mother a girl could have. She was so much fun. All my friends loved her too. She taught me so much, but I wish she was here to teach me more. I love her.

We went over to Sarah's and Josiah's for dinner. We had a "Mexican" pot luck dinner. It was sooo good. There was way too much food! All of my children and grandchildren were there and it was wonderful to be together. We have such a good posterity. Beautiful and faithful. They all love the Lord. They are all active in the church. They all love each other. What more could a mother ask for? Nothing, I say.

Well, enough rambling for now. I hope that any and all who might read this had as great a Mother's Day as I did.

Until later...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm glad you posted about this. It just occured to me while reading it that I was so busy trying to get dinner ready last night that I never asked what dad gave you. Plants are fun! I just planted some "bulbs" (I think they are iris'?) this morning that my neighbor gave me several weeks ago. He had to thin out his garden and didn't want to just throw them away so I took some. They are fairly dry now so we'll see if anything happens with them. I also replanted my houseplant (the pothos) into that glass bowl you gave me for Christmas. I'm excited to see how it does in there. I'm hoping for better growth. Love you!!