Thursday, November 6, 2008

Random Thoughts

Well, I decided that it was about time to write something again. I'm not real good at this blog thing. There hasn't been much to say for a while.

My Uncle Glenn passed away on Oct. 23. He lived in Midland, Texas. He left the Church when he was a young man and joined the Catholic Church. He lived in New Jersey all my growing up years, so I only met him a couple or three times. His wife was a former nun and she passed away in 1990. He has only one surviving son and he is a Catholic priest. So, the Jarman line ends on that branch with my cousin Glenn Michael. He lives in Texas and so we haven't been able to get to know him. He knows nothing about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I find that extremely sad.

Work has been very busy and sometimes crazy. Today, I was working with one of my kindergarten groups and the little girl had two big green globs hanging out of her nose. I told her to go blow her nose. She got up and did it. Then she brings the tissue and puts it next to me OPENED up! I told her to throw it away. She did and came and sat back down. Then I saw that she had green smeared all over one cheek. I about pucked! I was so grossed out. UGH!!

We have had a lot of car problems this week. One car has windows that won't roll up. The other one had a fuel pump go out. Of course we were at the Pointe at Tapitio in WAAAAAY north Phoenix when it decided to stop working! Crazy weekend.

We missed the "state" conference on Sunday because of no transportation. I had really wanted to go. I hear it was very good.

We voted on Tuesday and we are not excited about our future. We have decided that we will try to give our new president-elect the benefit of the doubt. The only good thing about it is that possibly we will get a new governor out of it.

The marriage proposition passed. That was good. Although some are "blaming" it on the Mormons. What, the Mormons were the only Church to speak out about it? I never saw any signs on a Mormon church yard. I saw plenty on Baptists, Catholic, non-denominational, etc. But we get all the blame. Huh!

Well, it's getting late and I need to get to bed. So, until later...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Mom, I'm so sorry about all the car problems! I wish there was something I could do to help out.

I don't pay enough attention to the news these days so I hadn't heard that the "Mormons" are being blamed for that proposition passing. Totally lame though! If they have a problem with it, they should move! :)

Anyway, I hope you have a great Friday! Maybe green gob-less atleast!