Sunday, November 9, 2008

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH DEAR!








On November 9, 1977, my first lovely daughter, Sarah, was born. She entered this world at 9 lbs 2 oz (my smallest baby). She had lots of strawberry blond hair. She was such a cutie and it was love at first sight.

Sarah has always been such a joy in our family. As a little girl, she would line up her "babies" on the floor and put disposable diapers under them. That's how she diapered her babies. She loved to tease her older brothers. She would taunt them with something of theirs until they noticed, then she would take off running.

Growing up, she was kind of shy out in public (definately not at home!). School was her own special social event. I don't remember ever having trouble getting her to go to school. That's where her friends were.

She and her 2 older brothers and her sister were very good friends growing up. They always played well together. I am glad that she still has that association with them now.

Sarah got married at the ripe old age of 19. One day before her 20th birthday. She had found the love of her life on the internet. They celebrated their 11th wedding anniversary yesterday.

She has grown into a beautiful person, inside and out. She is such a good wife and a wonderful mother of four. She is very crafty and is a perfectionist in all she does. She is a great cook (I envy her that) and is always looking for new recipes for her family. She takes her callings in the Church seriously and does them well.

I am so grateful that I was chosen to be her mother. She teaches me so many things. She is a natural.

So, on this special day, Sarah, I want to say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" and may this day be special forever. I love you, Mom.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thank you, Mom! It's so nice to read this on my birthday and know that I'm appreciated by my mother. I am very blessed to have you and dad as my parents! I love you guys!
Love
-Sarah