Saturday, February 13, 2010

FEBRUARY 2010

Here it is, half way through February already! Oh, my, does time fly!

I have been working hard with my reading groups. We are gearing up for the next round of testing that will take place the week of the 23rd. I am hoping to have a good success rate.

I have started doing a treasure box in my groups at work. The kids are loving it! I bought a record book and a star stamp at Teaching Tools. I use small stickers. It's kind of hard to find them small enough. They have to get 20 stickers and stamps (they get one of each every day) if they have good behavior and stay on task in our group. After 20, they get to pick 1 item out of my treasure box. I have an assortment of items for girls and boys. Although girl items are easier to come by, I have managed to find some things that the boys like. I have bought some of the things at the store (never more than $1) and some I have found at yard sales. In fact, that's where I got my treasure box. It is a pretty good size and I only paid $1 for it. Love yard sales! Anyway, most of my kids have already picked out something. I have a small handful who may never get to. Between behavior and absences, they haven't gotten many stickers.

Thursday was my Dad's 85th birthday. We went over to Bob and Shelby's house and had cake and ice cream. Doug and Marsha brought the cake and we brought the ice cream. Dad has had 3 teeth pulled recently and his mouth is still very sore, so the ice cream was a treat for him! He sure misses Mom! Everyday he prays to go. It is really hard to see him this way. I never would have guessed in a million years that he would be like this. His body and mind are both too healthy!

Yesterday was Jeremy's 35th birthday. It is very hard to believe that it's been that long since I had my first born! Where has time gone? I remember it vividly!!! That was back in the "olden days" when the only pain medication we got was a shot of Demerol (which didn't do anything for me). He has always been such a blessing to us. We love him so much! What a great man and wonderful father he has become!

Last night our ward had a Valentines dinner and dance. The dinner was okay (my piece of pork was tough and dry). The salads were super! We danced for about 30 minutes. Boy, we sure aren't as young as we used to be! Nor are we in good shape! Whew! It's hard to believe we used to dance for 2 or more hours!!! I still enjoyed dancing with my Sweetheart. Even after all these years.

Tomorrow is my Relief Society lesson. It is on Jesus Christ, Our Chosen Leader and Savior. I love the lessons this year. They are so simple! Tomorrow is also our Ward Conference, and the Stake RS Presidency wants to take about 10-15 minutes. That's fine with me. Makes my time shorter! I'm sure I can cut it back and not go over. I enjoy teaching the sisters. Sometimes I have a more difficult time preparing my lessons than others. Sometimes my lessons that I have prepared change as I present them. It's amazing what the Spirit does!

Well, I better get movin'. I still have to do my Saturday night grocery shopping. Until next time...


No comments: