Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Birthdays

Today was my birthday. It started out kind of rocky for me. I woke up this morning smelling my mother. I don't know if she was near me, or if my subconscious was playing tricks. Anyway, it made my first thing in the morning rather emotional. This is the first time that she has not called and sung "Happy Birthday" to me.
Then my friend called to wish me happy birthday and to see if I was ok. She said she had a feeling I wasn't. She is too perceptive.

Anyway, I have talked to each of my children. My husband remembered (he wrote himself a note). I got an email from one brother and a voicemail from one sister. My dad called and sang to me and yes, I got emotional again. He has always sung it with Mom.

Everyone at work remembered me (of course, they announced it in the morning announcements!). A friend took me to lunch and we met another friend that we used to work with at Kino Jr. High.

All in all, it was a very nice day. I got flowers, candles, chocolate, scrapbook stuff, and gift cards to the scrapbook store. Sarah made a wonderful meal on Sunday for my birthday and Christopher and Jill made a cake.

I truly am blessed by those around me. I just wish I wasn't getting old!

Well, that's it for now. Until later...

4 comments:

Rach =o) said...

Happy Birthday! I'm happy that overall it was a good day. But I also feel your pain. I'm sure she was near you on your birthday. Your awesome! and I love ya.

Sarah said...

Aww! You didn't mention that part about grandma while I was there today! It's probably ok. I most likely woulda gotten all teary eyed and choked up, and you know how I don't like to let others see my emotions...

Anyway, I'm glad your birthday ended well. Love you, mom!

-Sarah

Becky said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm sure Grandma was there with you...she always made birthdays special...

Glad you had lots of good things happen on your special day :)

Leslie said...

I guess our salad doesnt count since I didn't actually make it!!

Anyway, I am glad that your day ended good!! I wanted to get you a gift card for scrapbooks but Jeremy had something else in mind that you will get when we get back!!

(my mom was talking about the smell of her mom yesterday..maybe the veil is getting really thin)